Who we are:
PayEX is a sophisticated, cloud-based Accounts Receivable (AR) and Accounts Payable (AP) management solution. The platform delivers electronic invoices to your buyers, processes payments, handles all trade discounts, credit/debit notes, and drives collections with automated payment. Our behaviour & analytics- driven dunning significantly drives down Days Sales Outstanding (DSOs). PayEX natively integrates Channel Finance as a payment option. On the Payables side, PayEX facilitates supplier invoice aggregation, reconciles invoices with GRN/SRN/POs, automates approval workflows, and enables multiple payment options leveraging early payment discounts, dynamic discounting, funding from multiple lenders, etc. thus freeing up working capital. Vendors get a real-time view of their invoice status, enjoy early payment benefits, and funding support leading to better vendor satisfaction and secure supply chains. We have over 50+ clients, and process more than 700 Million+ transactions every month for our clients
Global PayEX is seeking an experienced Software Engineer with extensive knowledge of Java, Restful API’s and Microservices. You will work alongside other engineers extending and improving the backend architecture, designing and developing new microservices, as well as being involved in maintaining and improving existing core services. You will build, maintain & test RESTful APIs, which will be consumed by external API clients, internal services and frontend applications.
• 5+ years of industry experience designing, building and supporting cloud-native systems in production with a solid grasp on good software engineering practices such as code reviews, a deep focus on quality, and documentation
• Demonstrable backend development expertise using Java (JDK 8+, 11 preferred)
• Proven Experience writing reactive, event-driven, asynchronous code using Vert.x
• Fair understanding of networks, security, system resilience & clustering
• Experience with MongoDB & ELK stack
• Experience building & consuming RESTful APIs
• Experience writing Unit & Integration tests with JUnit5 / Jupiter
• Ability to troubleshoot and effectively resolve issues across services and multiple levels of a complex technical stack that includes microservices, container & virtualized environments, and message & event streams, in a timely manner.
• A desire to learn and apply best practices in software development
• Good communication, and the ability to work remotely with minimal supervision
Nice to have skills:
• Oracle database experience a plus
• Experience with Apache Kafka (or Java Messaging Services in general) & Nifi
• Experience with containers & orchestration – Docker, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
• Experience with CI / CD – Jenkins, Nexus, AWS and / or Azure Cloud infra
• Agile Scrum: Daily stand-up and 2 week sprints with regular cross-team demos
• Adherence to coding standards
• Proactive communication and effective prioritization (Ask first. Shoot later.)
What is it like to work at PayEX?
PayEX looks to free up working capital for clients, partners and vendors. By doing this we create efficiencies, cost savings and improvements in transaction times for all entities involved. PayEX at its heart
is driven by innovation and the utilisation of technology to enhance experiences. To achieve this, we hire people with broad skill sets, who are ready to take on some of the most challenging problems in the industry. PayEX is in its early stages of development, and we believe the best is yet to come. We support each other in an open environment where all ideas will be heard. Be creative, be curious, and believe in knowledge-sharing. As a company we have an environment of respect and transparency and we empower people to make decisions. We are committed to pushing the boundaries to improve the business in the short and long term.